CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6.1 Update
The following sections describe the new features and improvements included in Update 1.
Align and Distribute docker
This new docker replaces the original Align and Distribute dialog box, letting you access all options from one convenient location. You can also instantly view the effect of changes as you modify the options in the docker. By default, objects are aligned and distributed based on their paths, but you can also align and distribute objects from the edge of their outlines, or align objects with a reference point by specifying exact x and y coordinates.
Color Styles docker
View, arrange and edit color styles and color harmonies even more easily. You can also now reorder and reassign colors from one harmony onto another by dragging them. A visual indicator also shows which color has been selected in the docker and provides the option to specify the brightness value of any selected color. When editing a color harmony in the Harmony editor, you can also now constrain the movement of the selector ring to preserve the original saturation and hue.
Now CorelDRAW Graphics Suite offers native support for Scanning using Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) v 2.0, including support for 64-bit multi-area scanning, Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) and more.
Using the enhanced PowerClip Frame page in the Options dialog box, you can now set the default behavior for dragging content to PowerClip frames. This allows you to center new content and mark empty PowerClip frames from one convenient central location.
In Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™, you can now use the Quick Pan mode to switch from any active tool to the Pan tool.
OpenType support for Asian text
Now you can apply advanced OpenType typography features to Asian text. Adjust widths, forms and vertical metrics. Additional new options let you replace the standard kana glyph with a horizontal and vertical version. Plus, you can now substitute characters with forms suitable for vertical text, letting you rotate characters 90 degrees.
Standard Membership content
Your Standard Membership includes the following new items available for use through Corel® CONNECT:
- 1000 photos
Premium Membership content
In addition to the new Standard Membership content, your Premium Membership includes the following new items available for use through Corel® CONNECT:
- 250 pieces of clipart
- 1000 photos
- 60 interactive text frames
- 60 interactive PowerClip frames
- 40 vector patterns
- 30 bitmap patterns
- 40 new fonts
- And more!
- What is CorelDRAW X6?
Performance and stability
The following areas feature performance and stability improvements (formerly released as service packs).
- You can now insert separators in custom toolbars.
- All dockers remain accessible in an active Adobe Illustrator or a customized CorelDRAW X5 workspace.
- Splash screen elements disappear after the application has started.
- When bitmaps are edited in Corel PHOTO-PAINT, their horizontal and vertical resolution is preserved.
- Files from version X5 that contain monotone bitmaps open properly in version X6.
- The dpi of imported JPGs that were originally created in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop is properly displayed.
- You can create color harmonies from objects with mesh fills.
Opening and saving files
- Files with embedded color profiles are now saved faster.
- CorelDRAW no longer stops responding when opening files that
- Contain page numbers and were saved to an earlier version.
- Contain specific fonts.
- When opening files with problematic fills, CorelDRAW no longer displays irrelevant error messages.
- Clones are updated when the master’s fill or outline is changed in the Object Properties or Text Properties docker.
- Master layers are no longer created on top of local layers.
- You can press Enter to apply transformations from the Transformations docker.
- The Transformations docker displays object size and position correctly when you open it with an object selected.
- All color separations are printed when a PostScript printer is used.
- Unfilled text with an outline can be printed and exported to an EPS file.
- Using a TrueType font to type Arabic text no longer results in corrupted characters (squares).
- When RTF files with Japanese fonts are imported, the font names are displayed correctly, and you are no longer asked to substitute fonts that are actually installed.
- Range kerning is applied correctly in relation to the insertion cursor.
- CorelDRAW no longer stops responding when you type text with QuickCorrect turned on.
- Keyboard shortcuts and custom commands for increasing and decreasing the font size work correctly.
- Changing the color of selected single characters no longer slows the application.
- You can view and access available fonts from the Font list box after editing text, and then saving, and opening documents.
- Pasted Asian text preserves the original font size and font type when the Maintain Fonts and Formatting option is selected.
- Fill color and outline color are preserved when copying and pasting text.
- Contour steps are no longer created in the CMYK color mode in RGB objects or documents.
- The Contour docker and contour controls on the property bar retain the last used values.
- The Object Acceleration control in the Contour docker works as expected.
- Converting to bitmap in PowerClip edit mode does not leave unwanted traces from the PowerClip container.
- Font size is described correctly in exported SVG files.
- SVG files that are missing a line break before the <svg> document fragment can now be imported.
- In CorelDRAW, various instability issues were addressed in areas such as opening files, changing the units of measure, importing PDF and SVG files, deleting pages in Page Sorter view, printing and exporting Asian text, and more.
- In Corel PHOTO-PAINT, instability issues were addressed in features such as undoing actions in Paint-on-Mask mode and using the Clone from Saved brush.
- In addition, certain errors reported by Windows were addressed.