Update 2 offers fixes for a number of customer-reported and other issues.
Note: Update 1 fixes and improvements are included in Update 2.
Color and Fills
- Various improvements in color pickers, color palettes, and color styles will help you apply and edit colors with confidence.
- Pantone spot colors (inks) applied to text objects with outlines now show correctly on the Separations page of the Print dialog box.
- The Objects inspector offers improved previews, easier object selection, as well as fully functional Select Object to Activate Layer and Show Master Layer Per Page options.
- It's now faster to work with large selections in CorelDRAW.
CorelDRAW no longer stops responding when you
- drag a spot color to a color harmony.
- open certain CDR files that contain missing fonts.
- press Return to open a template file.
- use the Alien Skin Eye Candy Plugin with CorelDRAW.
- drag linked groups such as blends and contours out of a group and manipulate them.
- use the Segment Dimension tool on locked objects.
- apply a block shadow and switch from the Default to any other workspace.
Corel PHOTO-PAINT no longer stops responding when you
- use the Alien Skin Eye Candy Plugin with Corel PHOTO-PAINT.
- delete frames.
- Improvements include better scrolling in the Font list box, predictable deselecting of paragraph text, easier text editing, and retaining the Default Font when cancelling the Change Default Settings dialog box.
- You can now type special characters when holding down Option.
- You can access outline settings from the Properties inspector when editing text.
- UI fixes make it easier to zoom and pan in the Adjust dialog boxes, detect the object origin, work with mesh fills, apply Pointillizer effects, use the rulers, and more.
- Improvements include shortcut support for all mask tools, easier red-eye correction, and retained transparencies in images copied and pasted from the Preview application.
- DXF/DWG files that contain extended characters in the path or file name can be opened and imported in CorelDRAW.
- In CorelDRAW, you can now use the Transparency tool from the toolbox to add transparencies to objects that have non-destructive effects applied.
Offering fixes for a number of customer-reported issues as well as direct access to Corel Cloud and Touch Bar support for Corel PHOTO-PAINT, Update 1 will improve your experience with CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019.
- The list of most recently used fonts is now retained from one session to the next.
- The list of most recently used files is now properly retained between sessions.
- When you press Command + P and then you press Return, your document is printed as expected.
- The mini preview in the Print dialog box displays correctly the document orientation that you choose.
- New presets you save from the Create a New Document dialog box retain their settings.
- It is now easy to select the color palette you want from the list of palettes in the fill color pickers.
- The start and end nodes of fountain fills are displayed as expected.
- In CorelDRAW, the tint of spot colors used in uniform fills can be specified by entering a percentage.
- Lens effects render the expected color.
- It is now faster to work with bitmaps or object groups that include bitmaps.
CorelDRAW.app, CorelDRAW, and Corel Cloud
CorelDRAW.app, a web-based graphics app available exclusively to CorelDRAW Graphics Suite users, is now integrated with CorelDRAW. You can save CDR files created in CorelDRAW.app or CorelDRAW to Corel Cloud, an online storage for files, and then open these files in either one of the applications. For example, you can create a design in CorelDRAW.app, save it as a CDR file to Corel Cloud, and later edit the design in CorelDRAW, taking advantage of its wide array of editing tools. You can save the edited file to Corel Cloud directly from CorelDRAW, and then open and annotate the file in CorelDRAW.app on any device.The annotated file can later be opened in CorelDRAW from Corel Cloud for further editing.
To open a file from Corel Cloud in CorelDRAW, click File > Open from Corel Cloud. To save a file to Corel Cloud, click File > Save to Corel Cloud. The first time you access Corel Cloud from CorelDRAW, you will be prompted to sign in with the password associated with your Corel account. You need to sign in only once a year.
Touch Bar support in Corel PHOTO-PAINT
Corel PHOTO-PAINT lets you take advantage of the Touch Bar, a touchscreen display located above the keyboard on supported MacBook Pro models. When Corel PHOTO-PAINT is active, the controls on the Touch Bar change depending on the selected objects or tools. For example, when you open an image and there are no objects selected, the Touch Bar lets you zoom in and out, access effects, perform common image adjustments, and invoke Full-Screen Preview. When you select objects in the image, the Touch Bar displays controls related to snapping, merge modes, object order, and grouping. When you select a mask tool, the Touch Bar lets you show or hide the mask marquee and mask overlay as well as change the mask mode.