Update 2 offers fixes for a number of customer-reported and other issues.
Note: Update 1 fixes and improvements are included in Update 2.
Color and Fills
- Various improvements in color pickers, color palettes, and color styles will help you apply and edit colors with confidence.
- Pantone spot colors (inks) applied to text objects with outlines now show correctly on the Separations page of the Print dialog box.
- Multiple issues from earlier versions of the suite have been addressed, making it easier to import files, trace bitmaps, use the Object Coordinates docker, work with Bezier curves, and more.
- The Objects docker offers improved previews, additional tooltips, easier object selection, better scrolling, as well as fully functional Select Object to Activate Layer and Show Master Layer Per Page options.
CorelDRAW no longer stops responding when you
- close or save a document to which spot colors were applied from the Color Styles docker.
- customize Bitmaps menu commands. Plus, there are no longer duplicated Bitmaps menu commands in the Customization dialog box.
- drag linked groups such as blends and contours out of a group and manipulate them.
- try to edit a curve used as a PowerClip container.
- use the Segment Dimension tool on locked objects.
Corel PHOTO-PAINT no longer stops responding when you draw a rectangle after using the Image Palette > Set Paint Color or Set Paper Color commands.
- UI fixes make it easier to zoom and pan in the Adjust dialog boxes, detect the object origin, work with mesh fills, apply Pointillizer effects, and more.
- VBA macros are preserved with the CorelDRAW (CDR) file upon saving.
- In CorelDRAW, you can now use the Transparency tool from the toolbox to add transparencies to objects that have non-destructive effects applied.
- DXF/DWG files that contain extended characters in the path or file name can be opened and imported in CorelDRAW.
Offering fixes for a number of customer-reported issues as well as direct access to Corel Cloud, Update 1 will improve your experience with CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2019.
- The list of most recently used fonts is now retained from one session to the next.
- The list of most recently used files is now properly retained between sessions.
- In the Objects docker, you can now show the fill and outline properties of objects by clicking the Options button and enabling the Show Object Properties command.
- CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT launch on Windows 10 N Edition.
- Applying a block shadow and switching from the Default to any other workspace no longer causes the application to stop responding.
- Applying perspective to bitmaps now creates a transparent background as expected.
- Custom bitmap effect commands no longer affect entering and editing text.
- The Change Case options are now available in the Edit Text dialog box in CorelDRAW.
- Lens effects render the expected color.
- When you press Ctrl + P and then you press Enter, your document is printed as expected.
- Now the mini preview in the Print dialog box displays correctly the document orientation that you choose.
- New presets you save from the Create a New Document dialog box retain their settings.
- The state of the mini preview pane in the Print dialog box is retained between sessions.
- It is now easy to select the color palette you want from the list of palettes in the fill color pickers.
- When undocked, the Color docker displays color swatches and behaves as expected.
- The start and end nodes of fountain fills are displayed as expected.
- In CorelDRAW, the tint of spot colors used in uniform fills can be specified by entering a percentage.
- Importing legacy workspaces in Corel PHOTO-PAINT no longer prevents the application from launching.
CorelDRAW.app, CorelDRAW, and Corel Cloud
CorelDRAW.app, a web-based graphics app available exclusively to CorelDRAW Graphics Suite users, is now integrated with CorelDRAW. You can save CDR files created in CorelDRAW.app or CorelDRAW to Corel Cloud, an online storage for files, and then open these files in either one of the applications. For example, you can create a design in CorelDRAW.app, save it as a CDR file to Corel Cloud, and later edit the design in CorelDRAW, taking advantage of its wide array of editing tools. You can save the edited file to Corel Cloud directly from CorelDRAW, and then open and annotate the file in CorelDRAW.app on any device.The annotated file can later be opened in CorelDRAW from Corel Cloud for further editing.
To open a file from Corel Cloud in CorelDRAW, click File > Open from Corel Cloud. To save a file to Corel Cloud, click File > Save to Corel Cloud. The first time you access Corel Cloud from CorelDRAW, you will be prompted to sign in with the password associated with your Corel account. You need to sign in only once a year.