Add Text to Photos: The Ultimate How-to Guide
Text is a major source of information and you should include it in your graphics. It's, therefore, vital to ensure you balance the text and graphics. Getting the text right will ensure you give users a great experience. Adding text to photos is an excellent way to enhance your image. So, how can you add text to a photo? Here is a guide on how to add text to a photo.
How to make your text effective
One of the most important aspects of graphic design is text. Graphic design is more than just having beautiful pictures. You should not neglect the text layout. How the words are placed on the screen matters a lot. You can influence your audience by knowing how to place your text, choosing the right font type and text size.
Importance of getting text right
- It attracts readers: You have to choose the correct font. Your font should not be too small. Make sure your fonts are easy to read since they are key to your presentation. Make sure you choose the correct font color and text size.
- It conveys a feeling: Choose simple fonts that are professional when you have graphics that need some seriousness.
How to add text to photos
Add text to images on Mac using Apple Photos
You can add text to photos using Apple photos on Mac. Here is how to add text to an image with Apple Photos.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac and choose the picture you want to edit.
- Choose the edit at the top of your screen.
- Select the More icon on the upper-right-hand side of the screen. The More icon has three vertical dots. Choose markup from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Select the text icon at the top of your screen that will display a box that reads text on the image.
- Click and drag the text box to move it to the place you want to add text.
- Choose the text style icon to change the font size, style, color, and then save the changes you have made.
Add text to Windows using Microsoft Paint
If you use Windows, the quickest way to add text to your images is to use Microsoft Paint. It's an inbuilt image editor available on Windows. You can use the paint tool to resize an image, add text to an image and erase any part of the image you don't want. Here are the steps to follow.
- Find the target image on your personal computer.
- Right-click on the chosen image and open it with the Paint tool. Next click on the text icon on the tools tab.
- Enter the text in the box and go to the font tab to change the font size, type, and even adjust the text location.
- Once you have finished adding text, go to the file and then save as to save your image.
Using CorelDRAW to add text to image
You can also use CorelDRAW to add text to your images. The procedure is quick and fast. Here is how to go about it.
- Import your image from your file.
- Place the image on the clipboard.
- Click on the text tool and type the text.
- Place the text on top of your image.
- Use the font list to choose the font style.
- Use the color palette and choose the font color.
- Adjust the size and location of your text.
- Save and export your image to the required file type.
Text makes it easy to personalize your photo projects. Now you know how to add text to an image, you have endless possibilities. It's time to turn your customized images into a beautiful story.
Need to Download CorelDRAW?
Download a Free 15-Day Trial Now!