From concept to compliance, details matter
From manufacturing and engineering to architecture and high tech, CorelDRAW® Technical Suite is the ultimate hub for designing detailed technical illustrations, documentation, marketing, and more, with total control and incredible efficiency.
Who’s it for?
Technical communication professionals
These users are most often trained professionals, in the discrete manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, high tech and telecommunications, architecture, engineering and construction (AEC), or apparel industries, looking to create graphics for assembly instructions, user guides, illustrated parts catalogs (IPCs), maintenance manuals, schematics, or wiring diagrams.
Technical graphics users
Much of these users are self-taught, knowledge workers in medium to large enterprises, such as manufacturing, automotive, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and energy industries, to create a variety of graphics, including diagrams used in presentations, floor plans, schematics, and marketing materials.
What are CorelDRAW Technical Suite’s competitive advantages?
Compared to creative graphics products similar to CorelDRAW Graphics Suite and Adobe CC
- Dedicated technical illustration tools for a more efficient workflow.
- Industry-standard file format support (e.g., advanced CGM profiles; 3D PDF).
- 3D CAD data repurposing (with the XVL Studio 3D CAD Corel Edition add on).
- Effective multilingual graphics authoring through Translation Memory System (TMS) support
Compared to CAD applications similar to AutoCAD
- Complementary suite of applications to close gaps in technical drawing and design workflows: photo editing, layout, sketching and (creative) design, technical illustration.
- Extensive file format support for import/ export (incl. DWG, DXF for collaboration with CAD apps).
Compared to technical illustration products similar to IsoDraw
- State-of-the-art technology, including 64-bit applications.
- Complete suite of integrated applications, including professional photo editing, layout, and bitmap-to-vector tracing.
- Extensive content library with technical symbols, high-res photos and fonts for use with any Windows application.
What are the key features and benefits?
Complete suite for visual technical communication
Create everything from precise technical illustrations with Corel DESIGNER™ to stand-out marketing collateral with CorelDRAW®. Edit photos for documentation with Corel PHOTO-PAINT™ and add screenshots with Corel® CAPTURE™. When you’re ready to share files for collaborative review and approval, use CorelDRAW.app™ for web or iPad to streamline the stakeholder feedback process.
Graphically rich technical design tools
Access dedicated illustration and design tools that ensure accuracy for isometric drawing, detailed callouts, advanced dimensioning, and so much more. Find features and functionality that enable technical illustrators, writers and graphics users to produce just about anything—from detailed schematics and floor plans to complex maintenance manuals and spare parts pages.
Repurpose 3D designs with the integrated XVL Studio Corel Edition, and the optional XVL Studio 3D CAD Corel Edition add-on for advanced 3D CAD assembly formats. Insert 3D models, data tables, and .DES or .CDR illustrations as linked or embedded objects into Corel DESIGNER for instant access, sharing and reference.
Unmatched file format compatibility
With support for the latest file formats widely used in technical publications, including CGM, WebCGM, 3D PDF, and SVG with interactive possibilities, CorelDRAW Technical Suite ensures that technical graphics professionals can access critical data from various sources and deliver technical files in a readable format. Import from, and export to, an expansive list of file formats, including EPS, DWG, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, and WebP.
Advanced standards compliance
Ensure compliance with various standards-based systems thanks to CorelDRAW Technical Suite’s comprehensive support for technical publication standards. Reach a worldwide audience with Translation Memory System (TMS) support, making authoring localized documents a breeze. Publish S1000D (incl. Issue 5.0) or ATA iSpec 2200 compliant IETPs and deliver technical communication projects that feature 3D PDF and PDF/A support.
Reasons to subscribe
Experience a seamless transition from 3D design to illustration
Turn repurposed 3D engineering data into detailed technical illustrations with ease.
3-Point Thread Creation tool
By referencing the center and edges of a threadless bolt, the 3-Point Thread Creation tool accurately snaps to the sides of your bolt as you drag the thread along it.
Remove Border tool
The Remove Border tool takes effortless thread and well creation even further, by removing the redundant outer lines of the projected shape with one click.
XVL Studio enhancements
Links on parts in XVL Studio convert to HTML links when imported to Corel DESIGNER, and variable part names used in the Assembly Tree will map to Corel DESIGNER for added consistency.
Work faster with a reimagined approach to technical illustration
Experience streamlined technical illustration with professional design and documentation features. Find your frequently used tools concentrated where they matter most—at your fingertips—in a significantly more stable product.
Variable Outline tool
Create seamless curves effortlessly with Corel DESIGNER’s all-new Variable Outline tool, enabling you to interactively adjust the outline width along a path.
Three scaling methods deliver total flexibility and accuracy when scaling objects that reference a portion of an object or another object.
CGM 4 workflow improvements
Enjoy several enhancements for CGM 4 workflows to improve your efficiency with object data and Computer Graphics Metafiles.
Projection Bookmarks and shortcut
Save time by pinning custom perspective settings on your illustration for later, and project shapes in and out of parallel perspective instantaneously with a handy shortcut.
Reconfigured Projected Axes docker
Move elements along a projected axis more intuitively without the need to switch between dockers or other UI controls.
Work better together with collaborative asset management, review, and approval
Stay connected with colleagues and clients, whether you’re in-office, completely remote, or somewhere in between.
Collaboration workflow enhancements
Intuitively store, organize, and share cloud files in the project dashboard. Gather live comments and annotations from contributors directly in your .DES or .CDR design file.
Dynamic asset management
Share libraries of symbols across teams and when changes are made by you or others, you can sync the updates to ensure you’re always working with the most current asset.
Create complete spare parts pages with impressive functionality
Create detailed spare parts pages with complete control, thanks to a series of noteworthy features purpose-built to power discrete manufacturing workflows.
Interactive SVG support
Convey parts information with even more clarity by linking drawing callouts to table rows, so that on hover, the corresponding information is highlighted.
Sources docker enhancements
Import .DES, .CDR, and spreadsheet files into Corel DESIGNER’s Sources docker to couple technical illustrations with specifications in tables.
Interactive SVG export
Publish fully interactive documentation online, thanks to interactive SVG export support in the Export docker.
Transform technical designs into compelling marketing assets
This fully loaded suite of dedicated applications extends the reach of visual communications.
Draw in Perspective
Add creative touches in 1, 2 or 3-point perspective, in Corel DESIGNER and CorelDRAW, using the Draw in Perspective feature.
View, manage, edit, and publish all of your project’s digital assets in one flexible design space.
Corel PHOTO-PAINT enhancements
Use the Adjustments docker for quick access to your most frequently used filters and to apply critical image adjustments non-destructively.
Leverage 3D CAD data with a powerful 3D CAD add-on
Transform complex 3D CAD parts and assemblies into comprehensible visualizations with XVL Studio 3D CAD Corel Edition, the essential add-on to CorelDRAW Technical Suite.
Supported File Formats:
Share, publish and output 3D visualizations with an ever-expanding list of formats. Publish to HTML5 for sharing 3D with most devices, or publish and read 3D PDF with animations. XVL Studio 3D CAD also supports saving to IGES, STEP, U3D and VRML—to be ready for AR (Augmented Reality) app publishing.
- Corel DESIGNER™—Precise technical illustration
- CorelDRAW®—Vector illustration and page layout
- Corel PHOTO-PAINT—Professional image editing
- XVL Studio Corel Edition—3D visualization and authoring
- Corel Font Manager—Font exploration and management tool
- PowerTRACE™—AI-powered bitmap-to-vector tracing (included as part of Corel DESIGNER and CorelDRAW applications)
- CorelDRAW.app™—Online vector illustration and graphic design via web browser
- CorelDRAW.app™ for iPad—Vector illustration and graphic design iPad app
- CAPTURE™—Screen capture tool
- AfterShot™ 3 HDR—RAW photo editor
- 4,000 industry-standard symbols: Architectural, Electrical, General, Mechanical, as well as Hands and Tools.
- 7,000 clipart, digital images, and vehicle wrap templates.
- 1,000 high-resolution digital photos.
- Over 1,000 TrueType and/or OpenType fonts, plus integrated access to over 1,400 Google Fonts families.
- Over 200 professionally designed templates, incl. 40+ technical ANSI, DIN, and ISO standard templates.
- Over 700 fountain, vector and bitmap fills.
- Windows 11 or Windows 10 (Version 21H2 or later), 64-bit, with latest Updates
- Intel Core i3/5/7/9 or AMD Ryzen 3/5/7/9/Threadripper, EPYC
- OpenCL 1.2-enabled video card with 3+ GB VRAM
- 8GB RAM
- 9GB hard disk space for application files
- Mouse, tablet or multi-touch screen
- 1280 x 720 screen resolution at 100% (96 dpi)
- Internet connection required to install and authenticate CorelDRAW Technical Suite and access some of the included software components, online features, and content.
*CorelDRAW Technical Suite supports Windows 10 or Windows 11, 21H2 and later versions which may be released during the lifecycle of CorelDRAW Technical Suite.
Flexible purchasing options and pricing:
Flexible, affordable purchasing options for all team sizes and budgets make CorelDRAW Technical Suite perfect for any business or individual. Choose between subscription or perpetual with included maintenance.
For more information or to try it free, contact your local reseller or visit
Corel, the Corel balloon logo, CorelDRAW, the CorelDRAW balloon logo, Corel DESIGNER, AfterShot, CAPTURE, CorelDRAW.app, Corel PHOTO-PAINT, and PowerTRACE are trademarks of Corel Corporation. iPad, Mac, and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc. Apple, Apple Pencil, iPad, iPhone, Mac, macOS, MacBook Pro, SideCar are trademarks of Apple Inc. All other company, product and service names, logos, brands and any registered or unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners. Patents:
©2023 Corel Corporation.
Original sample artwork is provided by third parties and is used, and/or modified, by permission, unless otherwise agreed with such parties.