A Guide to Effective Brochure Layout
As the world grows increasingly more digital, you may be wondering if there is still a place for a well-designed brochure. The answer to that question is: Yes, without a doubt. A brochure serves not only as a form of positive publicity for your business, but it also contains important information that your potential customer or client can take with them. It is a way to reach people in person, rather than letting your business website do all of the talking. Read on for more information about why brochure layout is essential and how CorelDRAW can make brochure layout simple for you.
Why Is Brochure Layout Important?
Yes, your business brochure has a place in your marketing strategy. When it comes to marketing tools, few provide as budget-friendly and brand-focused assistance as a brochure does. For as little as $1-$3 per brochure, you can put your business information into the hands of many. However, your brochure's design quality says a lot, not only about the products or services you have available but also your commitment to quality in other aspects of your business. Some important considerations to make when laying out your brochure include:
- Don't cause your customers or clients to get lost in the text. A simple brochure design featuring a compelling image and bulleted point text is often the most effective. The reader can easily find the information he or she needs without overwhelmed by paragraphs.
- Make the best use of the space. Sure, you have a lot of information about your business that you could share, and you should. Not necessarily in the brochure, however. Remember, your space is as precious as your customer or client's time. The information provided in the brochure should only be the best, most compelling information about your company's success.
- Don't forget your contact information. You would be surprised at how often a company designs a high-quality brochure but fails to provide all of the necessary information that would allow the brochure's reader to contact them easily. Make sure to include as many contact methods as you are comfortable using, including social media handles, email address, street address, and phone number.
How to Layout a Brochure
If you're looking for a simple way to create a professional brochure, try out a free trial of CorelDRAW's Graphics Suite. After downloading and setting up the software on your computer, follow these simple steps:
- Set up your page size. As there is no single size for a brochure, you will want to count each side to each panel as a page and enter the appropriate height and width for each page as the size of one panel.
- Add content to each page (panel). It helps to fold a sheet of paper similar to how your brochure will be folded and practice the text's placement on this paper before entering it into the text box on CorelDRAW.
- Output your file using the imposition layout tool. This tool allows you to layout the pages (panels) of your brochure as they would print on a single sheet of paper.
- Click on the printer settings to select the proper printer and prepare it to print a two-sided copy.
Download your free trial of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite today to see why graphic artists and companies worldwide trust CorelDRAW for their design needs. Whether you're designing business literature, illustrating a book, or making a slideshow presentation, CorelDRAW's comprehensive suite of tools makes the job fun.
Need to Download CorelDRAW?
Download a Free 15-Day Trial Now!